Ngāti Hine Health Trust
In 2012 The RAID Movement was formed as a group of young people residing in the Whangarei District who stood up to address youth suicide. The group members are the Youth Advisory Group for the Ngāti Hine Health Trust.
The RAID Movement wanted to extend their work with the creation of a Parent Branch and Ngāti Hine Trust is keen to ensure The RAID Movement vision remains youth-led, youth-driven and youth-centred.
This Parent Branch provided a youth development-community action designed to:
- Broaden and enhance parents’ understanding of 'the life of a young person'.
- Promote 'youth-centred' parenting in a digital age.
- Strengthen youth-parent relationships through involvement in RAID activities.
The aim of this RAID 'Parent Branch' initiative is for sustainable change, change of mind, change of action and change to youth suicide. In addition to evaluation there were key activities within the plan:
- RAID Youth Development Workshops - with parents involving recruitment and training.
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention Training - for parents, forums and ASIST Training.
- RAID Activities and Events - which provided parents with the opportunity to participate in planning and implementing RAID activities and events through an online RAID Parental Portal.